A Step by Step Guide to Better Industrial Marketing: Google Alerts
Today launches the first “Marketing Monday” for industrial marketing presented by NetPlus Alliance. On one Monday of every month, I will be blogging about marketing best practices. As I'm learning, you’re learning, and I will share with you what I learn to help you in your business! My first series of posts will be step by step guides on how to access materials to help you become a better marketer.
Set up a Google Alert for your business and track all communications about your company on the web.
Step by Step Guide: How to set up Google Alerts
- Go to www.google.com
- Log-in to your Google account, create an account if you do not have one
- Click on More tab at the top of the page
- Click on Even More at the bottom of the drop down menu
- Scroll down to Specialized Search
- Click on Alerts
- Fill out the "Alerts" information as what best fits your needs
About Google Alerts
Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your queries. Enter a search query you wish to monitor. You will see a preview of the type of results you'll receive. Some handy uses of Google Alerts include:
- monitoring a developing news story
- keeping current on a competitor or industry
- getting the latest on a celebrity or event
- keeping tabs on your favorite sports teams
I hope that you and your business find this information useful. Keep visiting www.netplusalliance.com/blog for more marketing insights as well as industry insights & more.